Outdoor activity injury statistics
STEP 1 - Read the following article:
READING COMPREHENSION ARTICLE 29
STEP 2 - Answer these questions (choose the
1. What percentage of all injuries resulted in a broken bone or a sprain?
2. Who gets hurt more - men or women?
Men get hurt twice as much as women.
They get hurt about the same.
Men get hurt slightly more than women.
3. What activity is the third biggest cause of injuries?
4. According to Arlene Greenspan, how can injuries be avoided?
By going to a hospital
Through planning and preparation
By avoiding recreational activities
5. What percentage of emergency room visits are the result of outdoor activity injuries?
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
RECOMMENDED ENGLISH COURSES (online & offline)
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.