Public tax returns in Scandinavia
STEP 1 - Read the following article:
READING COMPREHENSION ARTICLE 30
STEP 2 - Answer these questions (choose the
1. According to the article, Italians:
wanted their tax information to be made public.
didn't want their tax return information to be made public.
don't care whether or not their information is published.
2. Why do the Scandinavian countries make everyone's tax information public?
Because they have a tradition of open records and transparency in government.
Because people are very curious.
Because the European Union makes them do this.
3. An individual's tax information might not be published if:
an individual requests it.
there's an ongoing criminal investigation.
an individual makes more than $100,000 per year.
4. How long has this been going on in Sweden?
Since the 18th Century
5. Is this likely to happen in the United States?
Yes, the government can do this.
Yes, but only on the state level.
No, this is against the law in the United States.
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.