Can a healthy lifestyle alter your genes?
STEP 1 - Read the following article:
READING COMPREHENSION ARTICLE 32
STEP 2 - Answer these questions (choose the
1. The article basically states that a healthy lifestyle:
can even alter your genes for the better.
has no effect on your genes.
is good for the environment.
2. Apart from eating healthy food and exercising, the men in the study:
were put under a lot of stress.
were taught stress management methods.
were given a lot of meat.
3. In total, how many genes changed as a result of the healthy lifestyle?
4. What happened to some of the disease-causing genes?
Their activity increased
Their activity decreased
There was very little change in their activity
5. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the article? - The men in the study:
complained about headaches
lowered their blood pressure
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
RECOMMENDED ENGLISH COURSES (online & offline)
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.