Japan's convenience stores -- not 24/7?
STEP 1 - Read the following article:
READING COMPREHENSION ARTICLE 33
STEP 2 - Answer these questions (choose the
1. Which Japanese city was the first to try to limit convenience store hours?
2. What's the main goal behind the proposal?
To give employees more free time.
To limit carbon dioxide emissions.
To sell more tobacco products.
3. How's the convenience store sector doing in Japan?
The article doesn't say.
It's doing great. Business is booming.
Not very well.
4. According to the article, which convenience store are generally more successful?
The ones in big cities.
The ones in the countryside.
The ones that sell alcohol.
5. According to the convenience store industry, what impact would closing for the night have on the earnings of a typical store?
It could cause a 10% increase in sales.
It could cause a 20% decrease in profits.
It's effect would be minimal. People would simply shop earlier.
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.