Using real animals in movies
STEP 1 - Read the following article:
READING COMPREHENSION ARTICLE 45
STEP 2 - Answer these questions (choose the
1. According to the article, animal rights activist _______________ the fact that there were no real apes used in the new "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" movie.
are appalled by
are ambivalent to
2. What kind of "apes" did the above-mentioned movie use?
3. According to the article, Hollywood movies have been _______________.
shying away from using live animals lately
treating all live animals well in the past little while
using lots of live animals lately, and not always treating them properly
4. Why are animal rights activists worried about U.S. movies that are shot overseas?
Because the way the animals are treated overseas is sometimes not as closely monitored as in the U.S.
Because they don't want foreign workers to be hired
Because they don't want foreign animals to be used in American movies
5. How much money did the makers of "The Rise of the Planet of the Apes" spend on the motion-capture technology used in the movie?
Tens of thousands of dollars
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
RECOMMENDED ENGLISH COURSES (online & offline)
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.