OTHER ESL TOOLS
US vs. UK English
ENGLISH VERB TENSES
The present perfect continuous tense 1
Change each sentence into a PRESENT PERFECT CONTINOUS sentence:
Example: I started playing basketball two years ago. -- I
have been playing
basketball for two years.
1. Jim started playing football three years ago. -- Jim
football for three years.
2. My brother started running two years ago. -- My brother
for two years.
3. We started learning English three years ago. -- We
English for three years.
4. My neighbor started living here one year ago. -- My neighbor
here for one year.
5. I started watching this movie one hour ago. -- I
this movie for one hour.
6. They started working four hours ago. -- They
for four hours.
7. My sister started sleeping one hour ago. -- My sister
for one hour.
8. The teacher started talking 30 minutes ago. -- The teacher
for 30 minutes.
9. My sister and her friend started listening to music 20 minutes ago. -- My sister and her friend
to music for 20 minutes.
10. The children started playing two hours ago. -- The children
for two hours.
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.