HOLIDAYS: Christmas (December 24, 25) 1
Choose the best response to complete each sentence.
1. Christmas is one of the most important holidays in the (Christian) English-speaking world. It
) the birth of Jesus Christ.
2. Giving presents is a very important Christmas
). Gifts are traditionally exchanged on Christmas Day (December 25th).
3. The day before Christmas is called "Christmas
4. The man who brings children (and adults) presents at Christmas is called Santa
5. You can also say "Santa" for short, or refer to him as "
) old St. Nick."
6. Songs that are sung during the Christmas season are called Christmas
7. The people who sing these songs are called
). Traditionally, these people went from house to house singing songs about the birth of Jesus, etc.
8. Many people feel that Christmas has become too
). They feel that too much
) is put on buying gifts, causing people to forget what Christmas is all about.
9. A traditional Christmas drink called "eggnog" is a sweet beverage made
10. Children are taught that Santa
) lives in the North Pole, and has little helpers called
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
RECOMMENDED ENGLISH COURSES (online & offline)
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.