HOLIDAYS: Easter (Usually in April)
Choose the best response to complete each sentence.
1. Easter is a Christian religious holiday that commemorates the crucifixion and
) of Jesus Christ. These days, Easter has a lot of
) traditions as well, which is why many non-Christians also celebrate it.
2. Good Friday commemorates the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. It is an
) or "public" holiday in some parts of the English-speaking world.
3. Easter and all of its related holidays (Good Friday, Lent, etc.) are known as
) feasts/holidays, which means their date changes from year to year.
4. One of the main Easter traditions is
) eggs, which involves painting them in a variety of colors.
5. On Easter Sunday, many people participate in a traditional Easter egg
). The decorated eggs are hidden by the parents and the children have to look for them.
6. Many Christians (even the ones who don't normally go to church) attend
) on Easter Sunday.
7. A very popular symbol of Easter is the Easter
). Traditionally, he's the one who "hides" and delivers the eggs.
8. Many families place colored eggs, and other decorated items, in an Easter
). These are given to children when they wake up on Easter Sunday.
9. In England, many people
) chocolate eggs instead of real ones.
10. Lent is a period of
) — when one is not allowed to eat certain foods — which starts 40 days before Easter. Most people no longer
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
RECOMMENDED ENGLISH COURSES (online & offline)
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.