HOLIDAYS: Halloween (October 31)
Choose the best response to complete each sentence.
1. Halloween is
) on the last day of October. Many of its current traditions actually stem from
2. One of the main Halloween traditions involves wearing
3. Another popular tradition is called "trick-or-treating". This is when children who are dressed
) in scary or funny costumes go around the neighborhood asking for candy.
4. Children come to someone's house,
) the doorbell (or knock), and when someone answers the door, the children are supposed to say "Trick or treat!", which means they want candy :)
5. Halloween is not only for children. Many
) celebrate this holiday as well, usually by going to parties.
6. Another popular tradition involves
) a pumpkin (cutting out what's inside and making a face out of it).
7. After a pumpkin is
), people usually place a candle in the middle to make the "face"
). This pumpkin face with a candle inside is called a "jack-o-lantern".
8. In some parts of the English-speaking world, people light
), which are large controlled outdoor fires.
9. Many people
) their front yards, back yards, and windows will all kinds of "scary" images like witches, ghosts, goblins, etc.
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
RECOMMENDED ENGLISH COURSES (online & offline)
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.