Choose the best response to complete each sentence.
1. Ramadan is a very important month for Muslims. It is a time of inner
to bring one closer to God.
2. In religious terms, to "fast" means to eat little or
food. Fasting during Ramadan means abstaining from food completely.
3. By fasting, one learns to develop sympathy and compassion for the less
, as well as to
what one has.
4. Ramadan is the ninth (9th) month of the Islamic
5. The daily period of fasting starts at
) ( = when the sun rises) and ends when the sun sets.
6. During this period, Muslims must
) from food, drink, and smoking, among other things.
7. During the last ten days of Ramadan, Muslims try to come closer to God through displays of devotion and good
8. The 27th night of Ramadan, (known as the Night of Power) is the most important in terms of prayer. Many devout Muslims spend the
) night praying.
9. Another way Muslims come closer to God during Ramadan is by reading as much of their
) book, the Qu'ran (Koran) as possible.
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
RECOMMENDED ENGLISH COURSES (online & offline)
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.