HOLIDAYS: Thanksgiving 1
Choose the best response to complete each sentence.
1. Thanksgiving is an important public holiday in the Unites States and in Canada. It is considered a day to give
- often to God - for the things that one has.
2. On this day, it's important to remember what you have to be
3. The holiday is nicknamed "
) Day" because this is the food that people associate most with Thanksgiving.
4. Many communities have annual food drives ( = a period of time over which they collect food donations) in order to feed the
) on this day.
) Thanksgiving dinner has turkey (usually whole), cranberry sauce, yams, and many other types of "autumn" food.
6. The most famous Thanksgiving dessert is pumpkin
7. In English "to say
)" means to say a few words of thanks - usually before eating a meal.
8. The history of American Thanksgiving goes back to 1621 when the Pilgrims, taught by a local American Indian tribe to
) in the new country, set apart a day to celebrate immediately after their first
9. Another popular Thanksgiving food is
). The name comes from the fact that a Thanksgiving turkey is "stuffed" with this while it is cooking.
10. (Watching) American football is often a major
) of Thanksgiving celebrations in the United States.
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
RECOMMENDED ENGLISH COURSES (online & offline)
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.