HOLIDAYS: Valentine's Day (February 14)
Choose the best response to complete each sentence.
1. Valentine's Day is a holiday that celebrates
) love, a day when lovers express their feeling for each other, often by exchanging gifts.
2. Chocolate, flowers, and jewelry are all
) Valentine's Day presents.
3. The most traditional gift on this day is a Valentine's Day
), which has a written message saying how much someone means to you.
4. Other modern symbols are the heart-shaped outline (shape of a heart) and the figure of Cupid, usually shown shooting his bow to
) romantic love.
5. Many couples go out on romantic
) on Valentine's Day.
6. An example of the above is a
) dinner in a romantic restaurant.
7. When a boy asks you to be his "valentine", he wants you to simply
) the fact that he likes you. Sometimes this can also mean that he wants to
) time with you on Valentine's Day.
) is a slightly outdated term meaning "the one I love".
9. If you're buying your loved one a
) roses, it means you're buying her/him 12 roses.
10. Wow! What a beautiful
)! ( = arrangement of flowers usually given as a present).
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
RECOMMENDED ENGLISH COURSES (online & offline)
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.