OTHER ESL TOOLS
US vs. UK English
EXERCISES TO IMPROVE YOUR ENGLISH WRITING SKILLS
Whether you're a native speaker of English or an advanced ESL student, these exercises will help you identify and eliminate common grammar mistakes.
Problem words, words commonly confused in English 2
| level: Advanced
Below you'll find pairs of words that are commonly confused in writing. Choose the correct response to complete each of the sentences:
1. Are you telling me that ____________ not coming to the party?
2. She likes to go shopping with both my brother and ____________.
3. Is that his bag or ____________.
4. That isn't your car, it's ____________.
5. I ____________ known you were here.
6. Make sure you ____________ your teacher on how nice she looks.
7. Those earrings really ____________ your dress.
8. This is an ____________ ( = important) event!
9. The ____________ accuracy of this book is doubtful.
10. ____________ German, aren't you?
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.