OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXERCISES
> Articles with idioms 1
ONLINE ENGLISH GRAMMAR QUIZ
English articles with idioms 1
Idioms often have tricky usage of articles, so it's important to practice! Choose the correct (and most natural-sounding) response to complete each sentence:
1. I'm not doing anything important. I'm just killing _________________ time.
2. We had fun. = We had _________________ great time.
3. He made a lot of money. = He made _________________ killing.
4. They were racing against _________________ clock to finish the project.
5. If someone is clumsy, you can say he/she is "all _________________ thumbs".
6. Why do you always have to stir up ( = cause) _________________ trouble?
7. Keep _________________ eye on him and make sure he doesn't steal anything.
8. A "jack-of-all-_________________-trades" is someone who knows how to do a lot of different things.
9. We have only begun to scratch _________________ surface. = We have only begun to find out about something.
10. I will never set _________________ foot in your house again!
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.