OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXERCISES
> Phrasal verbs with COME 1
ONLINE ENGLISH GRAMMAR QUIZ
PHRASAL VERBS 1 (TO COME)
Choose the correct preposition to complete each of the following sentences:
1. How am I going to come ________ ( = find, get) all that money?
2. He came ________ ( = inherited) a lot of money when his grandfather died.
3. I'm pretty sure he was coming ________ me ( = flirting with me) last night.
4. My favorite singer is coming ________ ( = releasing) a new CD next month.
5. He came ________ me ( = attacked me) with a knife.
6. I think I'm coming ________ something. ( = I think I'm getting sick.)
7. She came ________ ( = regained consciousness) about half an hour after she passed out.
8. I came ________ ( = found, by chance) some old magazines while I was cleaning my room.
9. You have to come ________ ( = think of) a better excuse than that.
10. He came ________ as ( = made the impression of being) arrogant.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.