OTHER ESL TOOLS
US vs. UK English
Corporate Buzzwords 1
1. A company's "mission ____________" is a statement that defines an organization's values, goals, and business philosophy
2. This adjective is often overused in the business world; it means "main", "primary", or "most important":
3. Jim, I'm busy right now. I'll ____________ ( = get in touch to see how things are going) with you later in the day.
4. To ask/get someone to do something = To ____________ someone to do something.br>
5. To think ____________ means to think of clever and innovative solutions to a problem.
outside the box
out of the box
6. Core competency = the thing that a company does ____________.
7. We've got a fire drill. = We've got ____________.
a fire in the lunchroom
8. If someone is unaware of something (like a topic, decision, etc), you can say they are "out of the ____________".
9. You're in a meeting and you raise a topic. Your manager says "let's take it offline". What does that mean?
Don't send me any more emails
Let's talk after the meeting
10. Moving ____________ ( = in the future), we won't be pursuing these clients.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.