ESL PRACTICE TESTS:
English Grammar Exercises
English Grammar Worksheets
Cities around the World
(Grammar & vocabulary practice)
OTHER ESL RESOURCES:
ESL Worksheets (Packages)
(Low-cost ESL printables for teachers & students)
(English practice for tourists)
US/UK English Differences
OUR OTHER ESL SITES:
(Business English training)
(English grammar & vocabulary worksheets)
(English for hospitality industry workers)
(More ESOL tests & activities)
LINK TO US
MORE ESL LINKS
English Grammar Self-Test
SUBORDINATING CONJUNCTIONS IN ENGLISH 2
Choose the right (most-natural-sounding) subordinating conjunction for each of the sentences:
1. ________________ he claims that he is innocent, everyone knows he is guilty.
In order that
2. ________________ you're here, I'm going to tell you a secret.
In order that
3. ________________ you like him personally, you have to agree that he's done a lot for the company.
Whether or not
4. ________________ I prefer to live in an apartment, my wife wants to buy a house.
5. ________________ I had seen that movie three times, I watched it again.
6. ________________ you already know the answer, why are you asking me?
7. ________________ you go to the beach, call your brother.
8. ________________ giving the money to my sister, I gave it to my cousins.
9. ________________ she calls me, I feel happy.
10. ________________ the test starts, you will not be able to talk.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
unless otherwise stated. Please see our
before sharing our content.