OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH VOCABULARY EXERCISES
> Olympics vocabulary 5
ESL/ENGLISH VOCABULARY QUIZ
The Olympics/The Olympic Games (sports expressions) 5
Choose the best response for each sentence:
1. An athlete who does gymnastics is called a ________.
2. If something is "________", it means that it must be done.
3. If something is "________", it means that it doesn't have to be done.
4. An athlete who participates in diving events is called a ________.
5. The Olympic torch will be used to ________ the Olympic Cauldron during the Opening Ceremony.
6. When a country refuses to send its athletes to the Olympics, it means they are "________" the Olympics.
7. Celine Dion will ________ ( = sing) at the Opening Ceremony in Beijing.
8. Offical t-shirts, clothing, souvenirs, etc. = Offical ________
9. A person who plays volleyball is called a ________.
10. His performance was ________ = His performance was worse than expected
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.