MIXED VERB TENSES
Choose the correct verb tense to complete each of the following sentences.
1. John ________ in San Diego for the past 3 years (and he still lives there).
2. My brother ________ in San Diego up until last year.
3. I worked as a graphic designer before I ________ to England.
4. ________ reading the paper yet?
Have you finished
Were you finished
Are you finishing
5. I ________ in love three times in my life.
6. I ________ in love with Mary, but she left me for another man.
7. Frank ________ tennis for three years when he was at school.
8. _________ me last night?
Did you call
Have you called
Were you called
9. I was at the club yesterday, but I _________ you.
did not see
did not saw
10. I ________ this upset in many years!
was not being
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
RECOMMENDED ENGLISH COURSES (online & offline)
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.