OTHER ESL TOOLS
US vs. UK English
ONLINE ENGLISH GRAMMAR QUIZ
Modal Auxiliary Verbs/ Infinitive
Should there be a "to" in front of the verb?
EX: "I want
" or "You must
REMEMBER: The modal auxiliary verbs are: will/shall, can/could, may/might, must, ought to, would, should.
1. I want ________ you tomorrow.
2. I can't ________ you tomorrow.
3. You must ________ hard.
4. Heather tried ________, but she was too tired.
5. I can't ________ you.
6. He wants ________ what she is saying.
7. I want ________ a doctor.
8. I must ________ sick. I have a fever.
9. I couldn't ________ to the movies with Fiona.
10. Alex does not know how ________.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.