LANGUAGE OF DIVERSITY & INCLUSION (ENGLISH)
| Talking about diversity (general vocabulary) 2
Choose the correct (most natural-sounding) word from the following list to complete each sentence:
oppressed, condescending, space, violations, privileges, underrepresented, valued, traditional, ethnicity, marginalized
1. Race is not the same as
. ( = ethnic background)
2. The term "mansplaining" refers to the perceived notion of a man explaining something in a
3. They felt
( = isolated and excluded) in that society.
4. They have been
( = unjustly treated) for centuries.
5. Many of these individuals don't identify with
( = conventional/established) gender identity categories.
6. Reparations are meant to recognize and compensate for historical human rights
. ( = offenses)
7. This is a safe
where you can speak your mind freely, without fear of being attacked or ridiculed.
8. It's obvious that white people continue to benefit from a variety
. ( = advantages)
9. Asian-Americans have historically been
( = represented inadequately) in American film.
10. We want everyone to feel
( = appreciated).
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
RECOMMENDED ENGLISH COURSES (online & offline)
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.