OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXERCISES
> Conjunctive adverbs 2
ENGLISH GRAMMAR SELF-TEST
ADVERBS: Conjunctive adverbs 2
Conjunctive adverbs are used mostly in writing. Using these in every-day conversations would be a little too formal. Choose the
, most natural-sounding conjunctive adverb (adverbial conjunction) for each sentence:
1. He tried his best; ________________, he couldn't pass the exam.
2. I will try to get a discount; ________________, I won't buy this TV.
3. He is a very unlikeable person; ________________, most people seem to like him.
4. We got to the beach; ________________, we swam in the ocean.
5. He is great tennis player; ________________, he couldn't beat Andy Murray.
6. I totally disagree with his interpretation; ________________, he's no authority on the subject.
7. George makes a lot of money; ________________, he's a very stingy person.
8. Frank didn't give his brothers presents; ________________, he gave each of them an envelope with $50.
9. I don't like her face; ________________, she smokes, which is something I hate.
10. James finished his degree at Oxford University; ________________, he settled in London and took up a position with a large international bank.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.