OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXERCISES
> Third conditional 1
ESL/ENGLISH GRAMMAR TEST
CONDITIONALS: The third conditional structure - 1
REMEMBER: The third conditional is used to talk about
situations in the
(things that were impossible, that didn't happen, etc.) - Choose the correct response for each of the sentences:
1. If she hadn't told him, he _________.
will never find out
would have never found out
2. I _________ this if you hadn't asked me.
would never have done
3. If I _________ about this, I would have told you.
4. If they ________ to rest they would not have been so tired.
5. I ________ that he's 38 years old if he hadn't told me.
wouldn't have guessed
6. If I hadn't seen that movie last week, I ________ to see it with you yesterday.
would have gone
7. If you ________ the money that you owe me, I would have been able to go out last night.
8. Thomas wouldn't have bought the jacket if it ________ on sale.
9. If you _________ me, I wouldn't have known about the party.
10. Tina would have called you if you ________ her your number.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.