OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH VOCABULARY EXERCISES
> Renting an apartment 1
Finding/ Renting an Apartment
WORDS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- a legal document that both the renter and owner of an apartment (landlord) sign which states (says) how long the apartment will be rented for, to whom, and on what terms (conditions).
- a sum of money (usually one or two months rent) paid to the landlord in case the apartment is damaged during the tenancy (time spent living in an apartment).
- the person who lives in an apartment.
1. How much is the rent? Does the rent include ________? (electricity, gas, etc.)
2. The apartment is on ________.
the second floor
floor # 2
3. P1: Do I have to sign a lease? P2: No, this apartment is ________.
pay by month
month to month
4. If you damage your apartment while living there, your landlord might keep part (or all) of your ________.
5. My walls are so ________. I can hear everything my neighbors say!
6. "No ________" means there are no apartments available in a building.
7. She's got a really nice ________ right by the beach.
8. When are you ________ of your apartment?
9. I have a lot of furniture of my own. I need ________ apartment.
10. No, I'm sorry, that's not what ________.
I'm looking for
I look for
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.