OTHER ESL TOOLS
US vs. UK English
English Grammar Self-Test
SUBORDINATING CONJUNCTIONS IN ENGLISH 1
Choose the right (most-natural-sounding) subordinating conjunction for each of the sentences:
1. ________________ she tried really hard, she lost the race.
2. ________________ my wife loves lilies, my sister prefers roses.
3. ________________ sending everyone the same email, John composed a separate email for each of his friends.
4. ________________ she comes, I will not talk to her.
5. ________________ you come with me, I will not go.
6. ________________ you have told me your name, I will tell you mine.
7. ________________ he didn't know what to say, he said nothing.
8. ________________ he came into the room, everyone looked at him.
9. ________________ the guard was sleeping, the prisoners escaped.
10. ________________ she watches that movie, she cries.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.