OTHER ESL TOOLS
US vs. UK English
ONLINE ENGLISH GRAMMAR QUIZ
THE PASSIVE VOICE: passive voice sentences in the simple past 1
Fill in the blanks to change each
active voice sentence
passive voice sentence
EX: Henry Miller wrote that book. --> That book
by Henry Miller.
1. The president gave John an award. --> John
an award by the president.
2. Everyone saw them. --> They
3. The police brought him. --> He
by the police.
4. The firefighters saved the women. --> The women
by the firefighters.
5. All the students understood the explanation. --> The explanation
by all the students.
6. Mrs. Richardson filed two complaints. --> Two complaints
by Mrs. Richardson.
7. That man stole my wallet. --> My wallet
by that man.
8. Everyone knew them. --> They
9. A snake bit him. --> He
by a snake.
10. Thomas and his brother built that house. --> That house
by Thomas and his brother.
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.