THE PASSIVE VOICE: passive voice sentences in the simple present 1
Everyone in the house has a task that he or she normally does. Describe what everyone does, changing each active voice sentence into a passive voice sentence:
EX: John buys the food. --> The food
1. Thomas washes the dishes. --> The dishes
2. Frank feeds the dogs. --> The dogs
3. Maria prepares the food. --> The food
4. David cleans the kitchen. --> The kitchen
5. My father pays the bills. --> The bills
by my father.
6. The gardener trims the bushes. --> The bushes
by the gardener.
7. Helen sets the table. --> The table
8. My mother waters the plants. --> The plants
by my mother.
9. Arthur does the laundry. --> The laundry
10. My uncle drives us to school. --> We
to school by my uncle.
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
RECOMMENDED ENGLISH COURSES (online & offline)
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.