OTHER ESL TOOLS
ENGLISH VOCABULARY TEST/PRACTICE
The Olympics/The Olympic Games 3
With the Olympic Games in Beijing approaching, now is a good time to learn and practice Olympics-related English vocabulary. Choose the best response for each sentence:
1. This is a very ___________ game!
A or B
2. He won a medal in every even that he ________.
A or B
3. The crowd is really ___________ her = The crowd really wants her to win
4. The Summer Olympics are ________ every four years.
5. To ________ the competition = To significantly beat/defeat everyone else
6. The opposite of "a win" is ________.
7. Johnson came in fourth = Johnson ________ fourth place.
8. The Korean athlete could not ________ ( = take part in the competition) due to health problems.
9. The British athlete will ________ ( = not participate in) the Olympics due to an injury.
10. He hurt his foot during the game = He ___________ his foot during the game.
sustained and injury
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.