ESL/ENGLISH VOCABULARY QUIZ
The Olympics/The Olympic Games 4
Choose the best response for each sentence:
1. The Ukrainian pole vaulter ___________ to qualify = The Ukrainian pole vaulter did not qualify
2. Which ___________ (locale, stadium, etc.) will the competition take place in?
3. Tickets for the game are sold ________. ( = there are no more tickets left)
4. He's very popular in his ________ country. ( = in the country where he's from)
A or B
5. He won the 2007 European Judo ________ in the heavyweight division.
6. If an athlete "________ up", it means that he/she stops trying to win.
7. Afghanistan will be ________ by only four athletes.
8. The crowd will probably ________ (for) the Swedish athletes.
9. Gymnastics is one of the most ________ sports in the Olympics.
10. The people who are viewing/oserving a sporting event are called ___________
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.