OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH VOCABULARY EXERCISES
> Environmental issues 1
ENVIRONMENTAL CONCERNS: Recycling, global warming, conservation, etc. 1
It's always good to be aware of certain environmental concerns. We all live on this planet and have to take care of it. Here's an exercise to help you practice talking/writing about the environment and some of the problems that many of us face every day.
1. Exhaust fumes cause a lot of ________, especially in big cities.
2. Everyone should learn to ________ ( = save) energy. Using lights/lamps only when needed is a good way to do this.
3. Nancy is ________ about pollution. This is why she walks to work instead of driving.
4. ________ is much healthier than driving, and it doesn't pollute the air.
5. David conserves water by not letting it ________ when he's not using it.
6. I'd like to conserve water... But I feel dirty if I don't ________ three times a day!
7. Many unethical companies ________ their waste into rivers.
8. ________, which is partly caused by exhaust fumes from cars, is a very big problem in many big cities across the world.
9. ________ rain occurs when pollution in the air is absorbed by water droplets in clouds.
10. Oil ________ pollute sea water and kill marine life.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.