OTHER ESL TOOLS
ONLINE ENGLISH GRAMMAR QUIZ
PHRASAL VERBS (TO GET) 2
Choose the correct phrasal verb to complete each of the following sentences:
1. I've tried to make her realize that she's wrong, but I can't ________ to her. ( = convince her)
2. You can't ________ ( = avoid) taking this test.
3. Have all the passengers ________ ( = disembarked) the train yet?
4. Fiona ________ the bus. ( = boarded the bus)
5. Fiona ________ the car and drove away.
6. The workers ________ ( = supported, began to support) Larry in his quest to obtain more benefits.
7. What are you ________? = What are you trying to say?
8. I haven't ________ doing that yet. ( = haven't had a chance to do that yet)
gotten around to
9. We didn't ________ ( = arrive) until 3:00 AM last night.
10. They ________. ( = escaped)
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.