Topic: PREPOSITIONS WITH PHRASAL VERBS 1
| level: Intermediate
Choose the best preposition based on the meaning/context:
1. We passed _____ your house the other day.
2. Hey, would you like to come _____ next Thursday?
3. I was out very late last night and didn't get _____ until 4 AM.
4. The police let the thief slip _____ their fingers at the last moment.
5. Maria has never fit _____ with the crowd. She has always been a rebel.
6. You should put _____ that red dress that I like so much.
7. You've made quite a mess. You should clean it _____.
8. Could you please turn _____ that light? It's way too bright.
9. Come _____, come _____! We've been expecting you.
10. She fainted, but then she came _____ about 5 minutes later.
11. Kids love to hang _____ in the mall.
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES