PHRASAL VERBS (TO STAND) 1"
Choose the correct preposition to complete each of the following sentences.
1. He really stands ________ ( = is different from) from the other students.
2. I'm not going to stand ________ ( = tolerate) this!
3. I stood ________ ( = substituted, took his place) for the class president while he was away.
4. You have to learn how to stand ________ yourself. ( = defend yourself)
5. I can't believe he stood me ________. ( = didn't show up for a meeting, date, etc.)
6. The workers were brave enough to stand ________ the boss. ( = to confront him without fear)
7. The other judges stood ________ the proceedings. ( = watched the proceedings closely)
8. She always stands ________ ( = remains loyal to) her friends.
9. He is the only candidate that stands ________ ( = supports) animal rights.
10. Please stand ________ ( = wait) while we fix the problem.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
RECOMMENDED ENGLISH COURSES (online & offline)
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.