AVOIDING DOUBLE NEGATIVES 1
Complete each of the answers, making sure you don't use double negatives.
1. Q: Do you want anything?
A: No, I don't want _____________.
2. Q: Do you have any money?
A: No, I _____________ none.
3. Q: Did you see those people?
A: No, I didn't see _____________.
4. Q: Do you have any candy?
A: No, I don't have _____________.
5. Q: Didn't he tell you not to come here?
A: No, _____________ told me anything.
6. Q: How much money do you have?
A: Not much. I hardly have _____________.
7. Q: Where are you going?
A: _____________. I'm staying right here.
8. Q: So, you're staying right here?
A: That's right. I'm not going _____________.
9. Q: Do you know him well?
A: No, I _____________ know him.
10. Q: Did the prisoner say anything?
A: No, he _____________ nothing.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
RECOMMENDED ENGLISH COURSES (online & offline)
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.