OTHER ESL TOOLS
US vs. UK English
EXERCISES TO IMPROVE YOUR ENGLISH WRITING SKILLS
Whether you're a native speaker of English or an advanced ESL student, these exercises will help you identify and eliminate common grammar mistakes.
Problem words, words commonly confused in English 1
| level: Advanced
Below you'll find pairs of words that are commonly confused in writing. Choose the correct response to complete each of the sentences:
1. They are not going to ____________ this game.
2. I think my pants are a little too ____________
3. This is one of the side ____________ of this medication.
4. Taking this medication might ____________ your sleep.
5. Make sure that they get ____________ money.
6. Put the money ____________.
7. This is really ____________!
8. The band will be ____________ the stadium in about half an hour.
9. He is better at grammar ____________ I am.
10. I didn't know him ____________.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.