PHRASAL VERBS 1 (TO PULL)
Choose the correct preposition to complete each of the following sentences:
1. He got in the car, pulled ________ of the driveway, and drove away.
2. I can't believe you pulled that ________! (= managed to achieve this)
3. The other candidates have now pulled ________ of Johnson. = Johnson is now behind the other candidates.
4. He drove the car to the gate. = He pulled ________ to the gate.
5. It was a close race until Peter pulled ________ from the other runners and won by a whole minute.
6. I'm pulling ________ him. = I'm hoping he'll win/succeed/etc.
7. He's pulling ________ $80,000 a year. = He's making $80,000 a year.
8. The police officer pulled him ________ (= stopped him) because he was driving without his lights off.
9. I'm sure she'll pull ________. = I'm sure she'll recover, be well again, etc.
10. He signed up for the event, but had to pull ________ (= cancel) because he didn't have time to go.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
Englisch Übung zu Phrasal verbs, Englischen Übungen (phrasal verbs), Grammatikübungen, Englisch lernen (kostenlos)
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
RECOMMENDED ENGLISH COURSES (online & offline)
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.