Corporate Buzzwords 2
1. Everyone has to do their best. = Everyone has to ____________.
2. A "win-win" situation is one where:
everyone wins a prize
everyone will be happy with a decision
3. An overused way of describing someone who is enthusiastic. Instead of waiting around to do something, this person takes charge and does it:
4. Mark told me that "ball is in Nancy's court" - what does that mean?
That it's up to Nancy's to take care of business
That it's up to Nancy to pass the ball to Mark
5. If a project is "mission critical", it is ____________.
not very important
6. We need to come to a mutual agreement. Right now we're not ____________.
in the same boat
on the same page
7. What does it mean "to raise the bar"?
to set new standards of (high) quality
to fix the bar in the men's bathroom
8. This has to be done by eod (end of day) Thursday. I'm going to put it at the top of my ____________ list.
9. When a manager says "We have to regroup", she is saying "we have to ____________."
fire some people and hire new ones
rethink our strategy
10. You need to get ____________ on this system. = You need to learn all you can about this system.
up to speed
up to your neck
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
RECOMMENDED ENGLISH COURSES (online & offline)
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
CONTACT: info (at) learnenglishfeelgood.com
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.