OTHER ESL RESOURCES
CONNECT AND SHARE:
In addition to all our free exercises/resources, we offer a collection of high-quality, low-cost
ESL worksheet packets
Check out our brand-new website
, specifically designed for native (and near-native) speakers of English!
OUR MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Free English grammar exercises
Free English vocabulary exercises
Free printables (worksheets)
Video-based listening comprehension tests
English pronunciation practice
ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXERCISES
> Phrasal verbs with TURN 1
ONLINE ENGLISH GRAMMAR QUIZ
PHRASAL VERBS 1 (TO TURN)
Choose the correct preposition to complete each of the following sentences:
1. I'm sure your wallet will turn ________ ( = will be found, will appear) somewhere.
2. I'm going to turn ________. ( = I'm going to bed.)
3. Turn ________ ( = increase the volume on) the radio. I can't hear what's playing.
4. The woman in that movie turned ________ ( = became) a monster.
5. It turns ________ ( = appears) he was telling the truth.
6. Turn ________ ( = start) the air conditioner.
7. I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to turn ________ ( = reject) your offer.
8. I don't know why she turned ________ me ( = attacked me unexpectedly), especially since we had been friends for so long.
9. That plant turns ________ ( = produces) 100,000 cars per year.
10. All students have to turn ________ ( = hand in) their reports by Friday.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
OUR OTHER WEBSITES:
OTHER ESL WEBSITES
ADVERTISE WITH US
LINK TO US
unless otherwise stated. REPOSTING ANY OF OUR CONTENT ONLINE IS
. Please see our
before sharing our content.